This article provides useful information about documents that are marked as reserved, and discusses the following scenario:
- User A marks a working document as reserved:
- User B opens the document on Jive and Jive for Office, and can see that the document is marked as "Reserved".
- User B tries to edit the document from Jive and Jive for Office
- User B is able to successfully save changes and publishes the document.
- This is found to be expected behavior; the system allows to save documents marked as reserved.
- The Reserved tag does not lock the document for editing. It is simply a flag used to inform other users that:
- The document is reserved and,
- By whom it is reserved.