A PDF file that you uploaded displays poorly in Preview.
- E.g. two columns of the text are overlapping
- You are on a Jive Cloud instance
The text in the Preview Section is only an approximation of the original document, mainly because the Jive application uses Libre Office & other 3rd Party modules to generate HTML5 document previews, resulting in such difference in the rendering of the content in Previews.
This can be related to non-standard fonts being used in the PDF file, or other non-standard elements in the PDF file. There is no reliable way of confirming the list of supported fonts, as the HTML5 Preview component substitutes to an open-source fallback font in such cases to ensure consistent rendering of the document across different platforms.
As a work-around, we have found that the Microsoft Print To PDF option in Microsoft Windows generates PDF documents that are previewed well in Jive.
- Open the PDF document on your Windows PC, in the PDF viewer of your choice
- Press Ctrl+P to bring up the Printer dialog
- Select “Microsoft Print to PDF” as the destination
- Press “Print” and save the document on your PC
- Upload the newly created document into Jive