Users may not be receiving email notifications or receiving them intermittently. This may happen for multiple types of email notifications.
e.g. External contributors may not be receiving email invitations from EAGs.
Sometimes the email is received after “resend” is clicked.
<supportagent>Whenever an invite is not being received, SBS logs are generating below errors related to 'com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 451 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later'. </supportagent>
This issue has been seen in Hosted Instances of Jive. The solution below applies to Hosted instances.
- Your instance is configured to use a Jive Hosted SMTP server, and not Jive Cloud/Sendgrid Servers or other custom SMTP servers.
- For example, the SMTP Mail Host address is mx-out-us.jivehosted.com or mx-out-eu.jivehosted.com.
You can check this under Admin Console > System > Settings > Email Server > Outgoing > SMTP Settings > Mail Host
The Jive web application is likely having trouble connecting to the SMTP server.
- The Mail Host has to be updated to use the Jive’s Cloud SendGrid SMTP Server. E.g.: mx-out.us-east-1.infra.jivehosted.com
You need to contact us so that ATLAS can assist you. If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by ATLAS, then it will create a ticket for you on which you can ask for the below information:
- Exact SMTP settings
- DKIM/SPF Records, as per this article.
Once Support gets back to you with exact server settings and DKMI/SPF records, you have to:
- Follow the steps outlined in the above article to update your DNS records.
- Change the SMTP settings under Admin Console > System > Settings > Email Server > Outgoing > SMTP Settings
- If you use a 3rd party (e.g. Valimail) to manage your email and/or DNS, please speak to them about making the above-mentioned changes.
Try sending an email invite to an external collaborator - it should now go as expected.