Emails are not being generated when they should be. Users are not receiving email notifications when new content like a new discussion post or blog is created. The issue is intermittent - and does not affect all news streams, spaces, or social groups.
- You may have a section on your home page, where when new posts are made, email notifications go to all staff.
- This may be a news stream, blog post widget, linked to a System Blog
- Or you have a social group that is followed by a number of users
- This may have new content like Blog posts posted inside it
- The email notifications usually contain the body content of the post that is made.
- These emails have not been going out recently, to followers of the above blogs or spaces
- Users may have tried checking & unchecking the “Inbox” option under “Following In”
- Users May have tried clearing their browser cache and restarting their computers
You have the Notify Users via Email option turned on for the streams in question.
Impact metrics for the post also might show no emails generated or fewer than expected emails generated.
We have observed similar cases where it was identified that the likely culprit of this issue was the new cache invalidation system introduced in an earlier Jive release (on July 10th, 2021).
Please follow the below steps to resolve the above issue:
- Rebuild all News Streams
- Note: You have to repeat the steps from the above article for all "Publications" in the "Publications" dropdown.
- Effect: This will cause the news to take slightly longer to load initially after it is initially executed. This has the least impact of all the changes.
- Execute a rolling-restart.
- Clear the System Cache of your Instance
- Effect: Initial page or content loads may take slightly longer - this can take a few hours to normalize as more users start accessing and using Jive.
- Rebuild the Browse Index
- Effect: Notifications may be slightly delayed and search results may be slower to show initially.
- Test the email notifications and see if the issue is resolved.
- If the issue still remains, you can check what your Global Email Notification settings are set to. If you want email notifications to go to all users, irrespective of their individual settings, you can select "Enable email notifications for all users".
- This guide on How to Configure Jive Email Notification Preferences will give you steps to cross-check individual notification settings for yourself and your colleagues.
<supportagent> See instructions for Rolling Restarts for Cloud & Hosted </supportagent>