You notice that users in your Jive Community are seeing a
Loading Points message instead of their points and level on their user profile page for Jive Rewards (gamification).
This issue occurs when you have the Bunchball gamification enabled along with Jive Rewards. Multiple gamification systems cannot coexist in the same Jive community and you can only use any one of them at any given point in time.
Since Bunchball is the legacy gamification system that is superseded by Jive Rewards, this article will provide instructions on how to disable Bunchball in your Jive community.
For On-premise Jive instances
- Log in to your Jive instance as an Administrator.
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Management > System Properties.
- Set the following system properties to disable Bunchball gamification. If any of these properties aren't already present, you can add them manually.
jive.module.gamification.enabled = false services.playbox.enabled = true services.playbox.license.plan = premium services.playbox.license.ignore = true
For Hosted/Cloud Jive instances
Please contact us so that Jive Support can modify the system properties for your instance and disable the Bunchball gamification.
Instructions for Support Agents
The majority of the customers have already migrated from Bunchball to Jive Rewards but playing with system properties may trigger the instance to try to switch Bunchball gamification on along with Jive Rewards, which break the gamification functionality at the front end.
You can also check if the customer has an active Bunchball license by verifying if the Gamification feature module is enabled for them in the Jive Cloud Admin (JCA).
Additionally, if there are issues with using Jive Rewards after disabling Bunchball, please reconnect the Rewards and Recognition for the customer's instance by following the steps below:
- Log in as an Admin on the custoemr's instance through Jive Cloud Admin (JCA).
- Click on the profile icon
- Go to Add-ons > Installed.
- Under the Action column, click on the gear icon and select Reconnect.
After disabling Bunchball gamifications, the users should be able to see the points and levels as expected.