A user has stated that their points got suddenly reset to 0, or that they have lost a lot of their points. They have also lost all of their badges.
This issue may have been caused by the user having an email address change. When this occurs, their Rewards points stay with their old "Rewards account" and they are assigned a new "Rewards account" that starts from 0.
To check if this is the case, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Admin Console for that customer's instance.
- Click on your user avatar.
- Click on Rewards Console.
- You will see the message "It looks like Rewards and Recognition wants access your Jive account". Click on Allow.
- Click on the Players tab.
- Search for the user by their name in the search box that appears there.
- See if there are duplicates appearing. For example, you are searching for "Amy Smith" and you find there are two accounts listed for that name.
- If that is the case, click on each account to see which one returns an error message "Not Found. The item does not exist. It may have been deleted."
- For the account that returns that error message, see if the Total points match the user's previous total. For example, that account has 130 total points, and the other account listed for the same name has 0 points.
- Make a note of the email address of that account (hover through "see activity" to see the user email).
- Confirm with the user whether the email address that you noted in Step 10 was their old email address.
- If they confirm that that is the case, please contact us so that ATLAS can assist you. If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by ATLAS, then it will create a ticket for you on which you can provide the below information:
- The user's old email account.
- The user's new email account.
- Confirmation that you would like to merge the user's old Rewards account information with their new one.
Support agents: To merge user accounts, file a JIRA ticket to the JVCLD project.
Include the following information in the ticket:
- The user's old email address.
- The user's new email address.
- A request to merge the Rewards account associated with the old email address to the Rewards account associated with the new email address.
To ensure that the issue was resolved, follow these steps:
- Browse to that user's profile in the customer's community.
- Confirm that their points increased to a number that matches or exceeds the previous total that you noted in Step 9 (the points total will appear at the top right of their user profile). As per the example above, the total should be at least 130: