You have noticed that when people return to your organization, their old user account information is overridden by their new information (for example, their old department is replaced by their new department), and the content created by their old account is linked to their new account.
This article describes why this occurs, and how to prevent this from occurring in the future.
By default, Jive uses the email address of a user account as the unique identifier of that account. When Jive has been set up to synchronize its user account information with an external identity system (or through the Basic/Advanced User Sync Add-On), it will automatically update a person's Jive account information if it finds an email address match in that system.
In order to ensure that a user's old account information is not replaced with new information when that person returns to your organization, please follow these steps before synchronizing their new information with Jive:
- Log in to the Admin Console.
- Click on the People section.
- Search for the user account using their email address.
- Click on their username.
- If the Federated value is Yes, click on the Unfederate link.
- Change the email address in their old Jive account so that it no longer matches their actual email address. For example, if the email address in their old account is email@example.com, you can change it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the Save button.