After upgrading to Jive 9.5, the home page doesn't load. An error message appears with the text "An unexpected error has occurred".
The following error may appear in the Jive logs:
- ERROR com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor - Method "execute" failed for object com.jivesoftware.community.news.NewsAction
This article describes a possible solution to this issue.
This happens due to an incompatibility of the Events extension with the Jive Events 9.5 plugin that was identified as having an issue. It can be resolved by installing the upgraded version of the extension. Please follow these steps:
- Browse to the Admin Console > System > Plugins:
- Click on the Delete button for the row that matches the event-type-plugin.
- Perform a rolling restart of all the Jive web servers. Restart procedure:
- Download the latest Events extension for your Jive version from the Jive Events Extension page.
- Browse back to the Admin Console > System > Plugins.
- Click on Add Plugin.
- Click on the Choose File button.
- Select the file you downloaded in Step 4.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Perform a rolling restart of all the Jive web servers.
After applying the solution, the users should be able to access the homepage and create events in the community.