When trying to edit a tile as a space, group, or system admin, the edit/configuration gear is missing. When you click on the Edit Page link in the page's action menu, the text "(disabled)" appears next to the tile's edit gear:
This issue occurs when a user had previously enabled the option "Lock tile contents" for the tile. This option appears in certain tiles as per the following example:
When this option is selected, only the user who selected this option for the tile will be able to edit it.
To resolve this issue, you will have to create a new tile that matches the uneditable tile, then delete the uneditable tile.
- Log in to your community as a user with the Manage Community system administration level.
- Browse to the page that contains this tile.
- Click on the Gear Icon.
- Click on the option that appears to edit the page.
- Create a new tile that matches the uneditable tile.
- Click on the "Trash Can" icon that appears for the uneditable tile:
- Click on the Delete button that appears in the confirmation popup.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom left of the page.
Please note that the ability to enable users with system administrator privileges to edit tiles when this option has been selected has been submitted as an enhancement request.
For more information on this request, please contact your account executive or customer success manager, referencing the code JIVESPECS-1382.