A newly created user is unable to successfully log in to your Jive community. When they try to sign-in/login, an error message appears with the text Unable to sign in even when entering the correct credentials.
Jive supports multiple kinds of user accounts, native user accounts that are created through Admin Console, user accounts managed through LDAP or Active Directory, and federated user accounts through Single Sign-On (SSO).
When Single Sign-One (SSO) is enabled in Jive, the users see two different login prompts as below (actual text may vary based on your instance settings):
This issue occurs when a user created through Admin Console tries to log in using the Employee Login option (actual option name may vary for your community). In this case, please ask the user to use the second option (Non-Employee Login in the screenshot above) and they will be able to successfully access the Jive community.
Jive community administrators can further verify which option is suitable for a particular user by following this process:
- Log in to the Admin Console and go to the People tab.
- Search for the affected user's account using their email address or username.
- Click on their username or email address to see the details.
- Check the value of the Federated field:
- For value Yes, the user should use the first option to log in as this indicates that they have a Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled account.
- For value No, the user should use the second option to log in.
Please note that if you need help in setting up, changing, or configuring users over Single Sign-On (SSO), you will need to contact the relevant team or people in your local organization.