After upgrading to the 9.4 version of Jive, your instance is experiencing significant performance issues or grinding to a halt/freezing when a news stream rebuild or a news stream-related activity occurs.
When reviewing the application logs for your instance, you see frequent instances of this error:
- ERROR com.jivesoftware.cache.impl.BaseCacheImpl - Attempted to remove a null or empty set of keys from the cache.
Examples of news stream-related activities include:
- A news stream rule change.
- A change in the audience of a stream rule. For example:
- You have a news stream rule where the audience is defined based on the location field of a user's profile being Brussels.
- A user who was part of that news stream rule's audience has their location changed from Brussels to Tokyo.
- Adding a new stream rule or adding a new stream.
This issue has been identified as a defect and it has been resolved by the engineering team. The fix is scheduled for release in a future version of Jive.
For more information, please contact your account executive or customer success manager, referencing the code JVHOPST-47737, or search the release notes for Jive Hosted/On-Premise for that code.
As a workaround, please schedule any news stream-related changes to start outside of business hours.