Users are unable to upload files to Jive. When trying to upload a file, an error message with the text "The requested action could not be completed due to an error on your external storage provider" appears:
This issue occurs intermittently or constantly.
This article describes possible solutions to this issue.
If this issue is happening for a specific file, please follow these steps:
- Review the file name to determine if there are any special characters there.
- If so, rename the file and try the upload again.
If the issue is happening for multiple files, please follow these steps as a user with Jive system administration privileges:
- Click on your user avatar.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Click on Storage Providers.
- Click on the Gear Icon next to the storage provider used by your organization. For example, click on Box.com Integration if that is the storage provider used.
- Click on the Settings option that appears.
- Click on Configure Now.
- Re-enter the credentials needed by your storage provider.
If the issue continues to occur, please contact us so that ATLAS can assist you. If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by ATLAS, then it will create a ticket for you on which you can attach HAR file created while reproducing the issue.