When reviewing the Basic User sync logs, an error message similar to the following example appears:
These details indicate that the user sync process was unable to properly process the email address for this user record.
This article describes how to solve this issue.
This issue can be caused by user records having invalid or missing email addresses. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the file that was sent to the Basic User Sync process when these errors appeared.
- Sort the user records in the file by their email address.
- Fill in any empty email address records.
- Send the file for processing again.
- If the same errors continue to appear, follow this process for each error:
- Search for the user record with the user ID that appears in the message. For example, if the message is 'An error was encountered while processing the user record with the Primary ID "U2135" in the "Validate Flat File" step.', then search for the user with the ID U2135.
- Remove any characters in that record's email address that would cause it to be invalid. If you are unsure why the email address may be invalid, please contact us.
- Once you have completed the above process, send the file for processing again.