Analytics Data needs to be restored after some maintenance or when reviewing the Cloud Analytics data, Analytics API data, DES data, or Impact Metrics data in Jive, you notice one of the following:
- Analytics API, Cloud Analytics or DES Explorer is missing data for a time period. For example, there is no data for the month of September or for a particular date.
- Impact Metrics are showing 0 (Zero) for some/all data categories (e.g. Bookmarks data are not showing).
- Impact Metrics are showing fewer views than a Blog Post's Content Tab.
- Impact Metrics are not loading, and showing an error: "An error prevented your reports from being displayed at this time."
- Place or Community Analytics are not loading and showing an error: "Whoops. There was a problem creating this chart. Give it another try."
This article describes how to proceed with resolving this issue.
This solution applies to Jive Cloud instances and any Hosted/On-Prem instances that use Cloud Analytics. In the case of Impact Metrics, it only applies to Jive Cloud Instances.
Please review the incidents listed on the Jive Software Status page to determine if this issue has already been reported for your region and is under active investigation. Active incidents are listed at the top of the page.
If the issue isn't listed on the status page, please contact us.
If the issue is listed on the status page, you can subscribe for updates there to ensure you receive a text or email notification as soon as the issue is resolved or the investigation status is updated.
To resolve the cause of this issue:
- Search JIRA to confirm there isn't an existing ticket that covers the same period of time. The issue may have already been reported. If so, add the customer's instance to the list of instances affected.
If not, file a JIRA ticket in the JVCLD project with the following (ensure to review the Jive JIRA process):
- The instance JCA link.
A description of the issue.
- Exactly what data is missing or inaccurate
- What time period is affected
- The steps to reproduce the problem.