After a video was uploaded to Jive, the message "An error occurred while processing your video." appears:
If this issue is affecting a specific video
- Navigate to the video in Jive.
- Click on Edit.
- Change the subject of the video to trigger a reprocessing.
- Click on Update.
- If the video still doesn't display, please move on to the next step.
- Confirm that the uploaded video's file type is supported.
- Windows users: The video type can be checked by right-clicking on the file, then checking the Type of file section at the top of the window.
- macOS users: The file type can be checked by right-clicking on the file, then checking the Kind section at the top of the window.
- If the file type isn't in the list of supported formats, convert the file into one of the supported file formats, then re-upload the video.
If the file format was already in the supported video file types list, please contact us with a link to the video. If the video is less than 50 MB, please attach it to the ticket if possible.
If this issue is affecting multiple videos
Please contact us with a list of links to the videos affected in the ticket description.
- Go to the link listed in the ticket information. If none was provided, request the link from the customer.
- Identify the VideoId from the video URL. In this example, 1234 is the VideoId:
- Using the Magic Query Tool in the JCA, run the following query, replacing <VideoId> with the VideoId you identified in Step 2:
SELECT * FROM jivevideo WHERE vidid=<VideoId>
- Make a note of the status value there. A value of 12 indicates that the video is still processing and the customer should wait for it to complete, while a value of 13 indicates that an error occurred.
- Make a note of the value of the externalid column in the query results. It typically looks like a series of letters and numbers, for example, 1de3cb513b2.
- If this is a hosted customer, search the Twistage console for this externalid. Otherwise, move on to Step 9.
- Confirm that the video is playable there and no errors appear.
- If the console indicates there is a problem with the video, follow the process to contact Hyland Support (previously known as Twistage) for more information.
- If the video is playable/has no errors in the Twistage console, move on to the next step.
- File a JIRA ticket in the JVCLD project, providing them with the details of the issue. DO NOT request any type of database update to resolve this issue.