When deploying a custom WAR file while building or starting a Jive instance in Hosted/On-Premise environment, the build fails with a "Build Failure" error, or the instance fails to start. The following errors may appear during the build process or in the application logs:
- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempt to set null storage provider
- Could not resolve dependencies for project
- org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
- Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException
This article provides information on how to investigate the cause of this issue.
Please note that investigating issues that only occur when a custom WAR file is deployed or installed to a Jive instance is outside the Jive Support Team's Scope of Work.
In order to check if this is the case, please check to see if the issue continues to occur when the WAR file is not deployed or installed. If so, please contact us so that ATLAS can assist you. If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by ATLAS, then it will create a ticket for you on which you can attach the SBS log files from the web servers (these are located at /usr/local/jive/var/logs).
If the issue only occurs when the WAR file is deployed, please review the following information:
- Review the documentation on the WAR overlay archetype in Jive.
- Engage with Jive Professional Services. To get more information about these services, contact your Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, or Account Executive.
- Note: A Professional Services engagement may require an additional fee.