When viewing the preview of an uploaded file in Jive, or when viewing the PDF version of a Jive document by clicking on the View as PDF link, the preview or PDF version isn't displaying correctly or is distorted. For example, the text of the document overlaps with the tables or images in it, or the images are blurry.
This article describes the solution to this issue.
This issue was identified as a defect and was resolved in the Jive 9.3 release under the code JVHOPST-640. To check the version of Jive you are running:
- Browse to the Admin Console > System.
- Check the value of the Jive SBS Version field.
- If the value is less than 9.3, please follow the steps in this section.
- If the value is higher or equal to 9.3, please follow the steps in this section.
Jive versions prior to 9.3
Please upgrade to the latest version of Jive, as an issue was identified with the document conversion process in versions prior to 9.3.
If this issue is occurring in the PDF preview that appears when you click on View as PDF, there is a possible workaround for this issue:
- Browse to the document that has this issue.
- Click on Edit.
- In the document's text editor, press Control + A if you are using Windows, or Command Key + A if you are using an Apple computer.
- Click on the "Clear Formatting" button (Please note that this will remove all the formatting for the text in this document):
- Click on the Update button.
Jive version 9.3 or later
If this issue is occurring for a specific file
- Browse to the file in Jive.
- Click on the Download link that appears at the bottom left of the page:
- Print the file to a PDF.
- Browse back to the file in Jive.
- Click on Edit.
- Click on the "Click to select files" link:
- Select the new PDF file that you created in Step 2.
- Once the upload is complete, click on Publish.
If this issue is occurring for multiple files
Please follow the steps listed in: How to clear out all document previews.
If the issue persists after following those steps, please contact us.