Users are not able to access the news page, and in the body of the page, where articles should be, they get the message:
Render Error - See logs
The "Render Error" is caused by Jive failing to render some items on the page. This issue can have multiple causes that are discussed in this article.
The possible causes for this error are:
- an item (example, a document or blog post) that is corrupted:
- go to the "Content" page - for example, if the URL for the news page is https://yourinstance.jiveon.com/news?channel=recent, the content page will be at https://yourinstance.jiveon.com/content
- sort the content page by "last activity":
- try to unpublish or move to another place the content that was created recently, since the error started appearing
- the newsfeed that needs to be rebuilt - follow the article Rebuilding the News Stream
- the server-side cache that needs to be cleared - follow the article How to Clear the Jive System or Application Cache
If this does not solve the issue, please open a ticket in the Jive Support Portal.