Jive - all versions.
This article describes the process to resolve the issue which occurs when broken images cause errors in the browser console. This may happen:
- after a change in the file path for the image
- while testing production images in a UAT environment
The error appearing in the browser console would be:
Error: HTTP 404 (Resource Not Found)
The issue usually happens when the file path for the images has changed or become unreachable. Or it can happen when attempts are made to test production solutions on UAT nodes who do not have access to the images hosted on the production instance, due to security and permission issues.
- Inspect the broken image element using Developer's Tools to identify its name and its path
- Check each image path name separately to ensure that the path is reachable from the application node.
- For each broken image, correct the path to the desired accessible location.
- If there is a mix of broken and working images it is useful to compare the working path files to those causing the broken error
- If this does not address your issue, please contact us.
Example of a broken image, generating a 404 error in the console:
Using right-click on the image, and selecting "Inspect", it will show the wrong path pointing to a non-existing resource:
Advanced troubleshooting steps for On-Premise customers:
- Query the
jiveimagetable for the Image Name identified as broken to ensure its reference exists in the DB.
- Get a listing of the static images folder on all the web pods of the instance to verify if the image exists in the file system and the image is reachable locally.