When trying to access, log in to, or use the maven repository, one of the following issues occurs:
- An SSL error message appearing: "Network Error (ssl_server_cert_expired)"
- Credentials aren't working
- Local builds/setups are failing with the message: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project
This article describes a possible solution to these types of issues.
Confirm that you are not attempting to connect to the old maven repository at https://maven-secure.jivesoftware.com.
If you haven't received credentials for the new maven repository at https://maven.jivesoftware.com/archiva, or are facing this issue when trying to use the new repository, contact us.
Please note that you will need to run the following command in Maven CLI after you move to the new Maven repository before you can start compiling code to build plugins.
mvn -U jive:create-project
- For maven account-related requests, follow the instructions in the Granting Maven Access article.
- If you don't have your account created or have permissions issues, please create a ZD ticket. (Most of the agents already have access to such a platform without issues, so they will be able to modify your profile or troubleshoot any login incident with your account in this portal). An agent must create the access for you, by following this guide until the end but applying the following roles to your user:
- There is no need to escalate to the Account Manager for approval if the access is for an Agent.
- This ticket must be closed without a survey.
These roles are meant to be granted only to Central Support agents. These roles are not meant to be applied to regular customers.