A search filter, "filter=search(<search_term>)", must be specified in the REST API while searching or filtering contents in the Community search endpoint. This is not explicitly stated in the API documentation when you installed the RESTClient API since it is a third-party add-on extension only available for Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Thus, this article demonstrates the steps on how you can search through the Jive Community or filter the creation date of certain contents, be it a blog or a shared document that you are looking for.
- Installed Firefox browser version 57 or later.
- Enabled Firefox Add-on, RESTClient version 3.0.7 or later.
- Successful completion of JIVE-210 Beginner Rest APIs.
- From the RESTClient, go to the Authentication menu.
- Select Basic authentication.
- Once the login window appears, enter the username and password.
- Click Okay.
- Enable the Headers Pane for the REST API, if not yet enabled. For more information, read the article Installing and Enabling Headers Pane for REST API.
- Search contents in your Jive community with respect to the creation date, select GET as the Method.
- Enter the following in the URL section:
(Insert JiveURL here)/api/core/v3/search/contents?sort=updatedDesc&filter=after(2014-01-31T19:13:29.851+0000)&filter=search(newbie,api+tutorial)
- Click Send.
After clicking Send, expand the Response section of the RESTClient. Click any of the tabs:
- The Response Headers tab displays the status of your request.
- The Response Body tabs display the results of your GET request.