You can enable or disable sharing of community content to a variety of social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail, directly from Jive. This article provides the procedure for enabling Social Media sharing.
With this feature enabled, users can share documents, discussions, and blog posts on a variety of social channels. Users can even share community places if a place owner has enabled the Social Sharing widget in the place. You have the option of enabling some channels and disabling others.
Also, you have the option of tracking your community's sharing stats by using AddThis tools.
Please note that this feature is disabled by default. For security reasons, we recommend not enabling this feature in internally-facing communities.
To enable Social Media sharing:
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Settings > Social Media Settings.
- In General Settings > Enable Social Sharing, select Enable. If you want AddThis to collect your community's sharing stats, set up the connection as follows:
- In Profile ID, specify your AddThis profile ID.
- In Click Tracking, enable or disable click tracking.
- In Toolbox HTML, specify how you want your sharing buttons to be displayed, as well as which channels to feature (for example, Facebook and Twitter). For specific code examples, please refer to the AddThis documentation.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.