When you apply a place template to an existing project, space, or group, you get a preconfigured Activity page that contains the tiles and layout included in the template.
This article provides the procedure for applying place templates.
Applying a place template to a place only affects the Activity page in that place. It changes the selection of tiles on the Activity page and the order in which they're displayed.
When you apply a new place template to a place whose tiles have been configured, you lose all configuration in the tiles.
For example, if you created a People list, it will be wiped out and replaced with empty, unconfigured tiles, even if the place template includes a People tile. The exception is that Salesforce authentication persists if you apply a different place template that uses a Salesforce connection.
To apply a new place template to your place:
- Navigate to a place.
- Click the Gear Icon > Edit activity page to open the Activity page for editing.
Alternatively, you can click the Gear icon > Settings or click the Info icon > Edit to open the Edit Group page, and then click OK to edit the Activity page.
- Click Browse Templates in the upper left corner of the page.
- Choose a place template for this place.
Place templates determine what tiles and streams provide the layout and data for your group's Activity page. You should choose the one that is right for the kind of collaboration that is planned to happen in your place.
- Click Apply Template, and then confirm your decision.
- To configure the existing tiles, do the following:
- Click Gear Icon on the tile and configure as required.
- Click Apply in the title dialog box.
- To add a new tile, click Add a tile, then select the tile and configure it.
- Click Save.