You can customize the layout of your place Overview page to organize it better and display your group's information.
This article provides the procedure for setting up the Overview page.
The Overview page must be added to your place. For more information, please see Adding Overview Page.
It is not recommended that you use widgets and Overview pages with widgets in your community. For more information, please see Understanding Pages in Places.
When you customize the Overview page for a place, you decide on a column view, then drag widgets into the layout.
To customize the Overview page:
- Navigate to a place.
- Click the Manage > Overview Page to open the Activity page for editing.
- Under Layout, select the layout for the page.
Note that the available widgets depend on the layout you selected.
- Under Widgets, select a widget you want to add and drag it into one of the layout columns.
- To configure the widget:
- Click the small triangle icon to drop available menu.
- Click Edit this widget.
- Specify its properties in the dialog box.
- Click Save Properties to save the widget settings.
- For every widget that you want to add, repeat steps three to five.
- Select external stream integration that you want to add.
- To save all your changes, click Publish Layout.