You can allow your users to quickly search a specific space or group (in a particular place or the whole community), using the Search Widget.
This article provides the procedure for setting up the Search Widget.
You must have Manage Community permission to configure the community Home page, where you can use the Image Navigation Widget.
It is not recommended that you use widgets or Overview pages with widgets in your community. For more information, see Understanding Pages in Places.
To add the Search Widget to your place layout:
- Navigate to a place.
- In the User Interface, click on your avatar in the upper right corner and select Overview Page to open the Home page for editing.
- From the widgets list, select Content > Search Widget.
- Drag the widget down into your layout area and drop it where required.
- Click the small triangle icon in the upper right corner of the widget to drop the available menu, and select Edit this widget.
- In the Custom title field, enter the title for the widget.
You can use the default title (Search) or create your own, for example, Search Here.
- In the Number of Results field, enter the number of results to return against each search.
- In the Place to Search field, select the place to search. You can choose either of:
- Leaving the box blank to search the current place.
- Typing a place name to narrow down searches.
- Click Save Properties.
- When you are finished making changes to your place's layout, click Publish Layout.