You can provide your users with image-based navigation to quickly direct them to useful pages, with the Image Navigation Widget.
This article provides the procedure for setting up the Image Navigation Widget, which includes:
- Adding the widget
- Adding images to the widget
You must have Manage Community permission to configure the community Home page, where you can use the Image Navigation Widget.
It is not recommended that you use widgets or Overview pages with widgets in your community. For more information, see Understanding Pages in Places.
To configure, you first add the Image Navigation Widget to your place's layout, then add images and links to the widget.
Adding Image Navigation Widget
To add an Image Navigation Widget to your place layout:
- Navigate to a place.
- In the User Interface, click on your avatar in the upper right corner and select the Overview page to open the Home page for editing.
- From the widgets list, select Other > Image Navigation Widget.
- Drag the widget down into your layout area and drop it where required.
- Click the small triangle icon in the upper right corner of the widget to drop the available menu, and select Edit this widget.
- In the Custom title field, enter the title for the widget.
You can use the default title (Image Navigation Widget) or create your own, or leave the field blank if no title is required.
- In Hide Header and Border, select whether you want the header and border to be displayed.
- Click Save Properties.
- When you are finished making changes to your place's layout, click Publish Layout.
As a result, Add a new link button appears in the widget.
Adding images to the widget
After you have added the Image Navigation Widget to your place layout, you can images and links to the widget, then publish the updated layout of the place.
To add images to the widget:
- In the widget, click Add a new image link.
- In the Provide a Target Link field, type in the URL to which you want the image to link.
- Provide a caption for the image.
You can use the caption Jive provides automatically, or overwrite it with your own.
- Select the image you want to use for this link.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps until you have all the images you want to display in the widget. The limit is eight. You can move them around to change the order in which they are displayed by dragging and dropping them.
- When you are finished, click Publish Layout on the editing page.