This article provides the procedure for creating new fields for User Profiles in Jive.
You can create custom fields for User Profiles. This can be useful if you want to show a unique aspect of your users, such as astrological signs or a pet's name.
To create a custom profile field:
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Settings > Global Profile Settings.
- Click Create New Field, which opens the New Profile Wizard page.
- Choose the field type.
- Click Continue.
- In Field Name, enter the field name.
This is a label that identifies the field content, and it may be different than what the user sees in their profile.
- Under Translations, enter the display name for the default language, and click Add Translation for each language you want to provide translations for.
This is what the user sees in their profile field.
- Under Visibility, select the Users may edit the visibility for this profile field checkbox to let users edit their profile field's visibility. You can clear the checkbox to set visibility to the default value for all users.
Please note that only visible fields are available when searching or browsing.
- Under Attributes, specify the following attributes for the field:
- Required: People are not able to save a profile when they leave a required field empty.
- Filterable: When a field is filterable, people can select values of the field to make a list of people shorter. For example, someone viewing a long list of people in the community could make a list shorter by filtering on the hire date.
- Searchable: A searchable field is available to the search engine.
- Editable: People can edit their editable profile fields.
- Externally Managed: Enables users can set this field to their visibility preferences.
- Click Finish to create the field.
The new field is added to the Other Profile Fields section on the Profile Settings page.