This article provides complete details about user permissions the SharePoint site using the SharePoint setup wizard.
Fastpath: Admin Console: System > Settings > Jive for SharePoint > Settings
- You should have already completed user permission details in the Account Wizard.
- In the SharePoint Everyone Principal and Full Control Principal fields field, specify which user group is assigned the Everyone principal and which is assigned the Full Control principal in the appropriate fields. Both fields must contain Active Directory, security groups. Use a semicolon (;) to specify more than one user group in a field.
Admins should belong to the Full Control principal defined in the Jive-SharePoint connection, and will have full permissions to all Jive-linked SharePoint sites; all other users should belong to the Everyone principal.
Full Control principal: These user groups will always have access to all SharePoint sites created. Make sure the group members are admins.
- Everyone principal: These user groups can see sites that are connected to Open or Members-only Jive places. Provides view and edit permissions for the connected SharePoint site to the user groups entered in this field.
NOTE: The permissions syncing is done only one-way from Jive to SharePoint, so if the site owner wants to change the permissions on the SharePoint side, he's welcome to do so.
- The type of Jive permissions are:
- Open: Everyone gets read and write permissions.
- Members Only: Everyone gets read permissions, members get read and write permissions.
- Private: Only members get read and write permissions.
- Secret: Same as Private, plus the name of the site is censored.
- In the Jive Endpoint URL field, specify the URL of the Jive site you want to connect to.
- In the Default Parent URL for New Sites field, specify the container URL for newly connected sites on the SharePoint end.
E.g., You might use a parent URL structure like this:
http://spc-domain.spc-domain.com/sites/JiveThe default URL is the root site of the site collection.
- Click Next.