Customer report the following error when importing or embedding videos in content items: The video embed service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
This article shares the process to confirm if the above-stated error is indeed occurring due to a problem with the Embedly service.
- Jive Interactive Intranet- HOP
- Jive Interactive Intranet-
- Legacy Cloud Jive Interactive Intranet- AWS
Jive currently uses the Oembed API to embed videos via Embedly. Open your web browser's developer console and follow these steps:
- Capture the video embed in your browsers developer console.
- Capture calls to
- Confirm the call to Oembed contains a valid status code: 200.
Note: Click on the image to enlarge.
If the embedded video link shows a call to Oembed API with valid status code: 200, then it is confirmed that the video error indicated in this article is occurring due to a problem with the Embedly service.