When trying to open documents in a Jive Cloud instance through their default link, the following error is encountered:
This is an archived version of the file. The current version can be viewed here.
This article explains possible causes to this error and how you can troubleshoot it in your Jive Cloud instance.
Jive Cloud - All Supported Platforms
- This issue appears to happen when using outdated versions of the product.
- This behavior makes sense when opening the document through the Manage Revisions page or through a link that expressly points to the document's version number.
- In this case, the message is displayed when it should not, appearing after trying to open a document through its default link.
- The latest version of the document should open when clicking its default link.
- Clicking the Here link in the error message automatically loops the user back to the same error message page.
- This page does not allow the user to edit or save the document while the issue is happening.
- Regular users cannot validate if this issue is in progress or not.
- Community Admins can use the Manage revisions function while the issue is ongoing and see a scenario where the newest version of a document is not the same as its published version, similar to the one shown below.
- If the user tries to restore the newest version of an affected document, the issue is fixed for them but it is not solved for other users.
Perform one or all of the following actions:
- Clear the Document Versions cache by navigating to Admin Console > System > Settings > Cache > Document Versions.
- Clear all document-specific cache settings.
- Clear all system cache settings.
- Update systems to the latest version.