This article describes an issue in which users encounter the following error message when trying to save any modifications made to the News Page:
- Jive Cloud
- Jive On-premise
- Jive Hosted
- Log in to the instance and navigate to the News Page.
- Click on the Gear icon to edit the News Page layout.
- Make any modification to the News Page.
- Press the Publish button.
Note: Executing these steps results in any performed layout changes not being saved and the previously-mentioned error message is received.
Root Cause Analysis
- A 400 HTTP response code is captured at the time of the publish attempt, which indicates that something found on the page is not complying with what the page allows being present.
- This may happen because the page may contain tiles that reference image files of an unsupported format such as SVG.
Remove, convert or replace all images that are of an unsupported format. Commonly supported formats include PNG and JPG.