Jive provides an installer that deploys Jive for SharePoint to your Windows SharePoint server.
NOTE: This installation requires assistance from a Professional Services engineer.
- Use the installer script to automatically deploy the .wsp solution file onto your SharePoint server.
- The script is available as an attachment file from the Jive for SharePoint 2010/2013 (V3) Release Notes.
- You can use the same script to upgrade, install, or uninstall Jive for SharePoint On-prem (v5).
Before you install, note the following prerequisites:
- The installer script can only be used with SharePoint 2010 and 2013 when installing in the default directory.
- In case of an error during the deployment, after the source of the problem has been resolved, the solution must be deleted manually by the administrator before attempting to deploy again.
- The SharePoint Administration and SharePoint Timer services must be started to enable automatic deployment.
- If you are upgrading, perform an
iisresetbefore running the installer script to have IIS release some locks on the Jive DLLs.
- Save the .bat file to the same directory as the .wsp file.
- To install, uninstall, or get help for the installWSP.bat file, type the appropriate command in a command line:
NOTE: When you run the install script on an individual SharePoint farm, you need to run it on only one web server (not on all of them). Never run the script on the Application Server. When you run the install script on multiple SharePoint farms, you need to run the script on one web server in each farm.
To do Type the command Upgrade the current Jive for SharePoint
InstallWSP.bat filename.of.the.old.wsp filename.of.the.new.wsp
Uninstall the current Jive for SharePoint
InstallWSP.bat filename.of.the.old.wsp NONE
Install Jive for SharePoint for the first time when you do not have an existing installation
Provide help when typed at a command line
Because some of the calls wait for SharePoint to process, the batch makes several pauses, waiting for SharePoint to complete each stage. You can use the solution management screen of the Central Administration website to monitor when a step is completed.
E.g., It is waiting for the old site feature to be retracted, new site feature to be installed, and the new site feature to be deployed.
NOTE: If the retry fails indefinitely, the deploy procedure should be stopped manually by pressing CTRL+C. You can then investigate why the script cannot perform the operation.