This article provides a solution for when the email fields do not get validated in the User's Profile, therefore, any value is accepted.
Versions 9.0.1 and 9.0.4
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to Jive as admin.
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Settings > Global Profile Settings.
- Click on the Create New Field button.
- Select Email as Field Type.
- Insert any name for the new field, and click on the Finish button.
- Go to the Jive community.
- Search for any member of the community.
- Edit its profile.
- Click on the User's Profile tab.
- In the new field (added on step 5), insert a non-email value (e.g.
- Click on the Save button.
- Expected behavior:
The validation on the email field should run and an error message should indicate it is an incorrect value.
- Current behavior:
The value is saved in the email field and no error is shown for an invalid value/email (as in the image below).
This issue has been identified as a bug and it has been fixed in version 9.0.5.