When troubleshooting an error related to SSO or SAML, it is very useful to narrow down the issue using some simple but important questions.
This article lists the questions that need to be answered while scoping SSO/SAML related errors when opening a ticket to Support.
- Are you able to reach the IDP (Identity Provider) login window?
- Can the user(s) login to any other application that is using the same SSO/SAML?
If the replies to the above questions are negative, it means that most likely it is not a Jive issue. Please reach out to the team managing your IDP.
If the replies are instead positive, then it is important to gather more details and provide the information to Support. Please refer to the Solution section.
If the IDP, when tested without involving Jive, seems to work correctly, please answer the following questions::
- What are the exact steps to reproduce the behavior?
- Can the user(s) login to Jive?
- How many users are affected by this error? One user? A group of users? All of the users?
- Is this behavior consistent or intermittent?
Please provide the replies to the above questions to Support when opening a ticket.
Make sure to also get a HAR trace while reproducing the issue (see the article Capturing HAR Web Requests in Chrome for Jive Support).