When trying to publish a Comment on a Shared Document, the user gets the triggered notification that the comment has been posted, but when attempting to open or save it, one of the following errors are encountered:
- "The body of a comment cannot be empty."
- An HTTP "404" error ("not found") is displayed
This happens only if the comment has three or more lines, or if there is an empty text line on it.
This article provides information on the behavior of the issue and how to resolve it.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a document.
- Share this document with one user.
- The other user will get a notification in Jive.
- Open the notification, and click on Comment on share.
- In the comment, type something, then put a hard return two times to create a blank line, then type some additional characters.
- Click Post.
- One of the errors mentioned above appears.
The behavior is the same for adding any comment with three and more lines of text, even if there are no blank lines on it.
This is a known bug affecting Jive Cloud and has been fixed in version 3002.1.0 (Fix JVCLD-37335).
Cloud customers should be upgraded automatically to the latest stable version, within some weeks from the release. In this specific case, the release happened on May, 15th.
If you are on an older release, you can contact Support in order to have your instance upgraded.
If you are on the 3002.1.0 release or newer, but you still face this error, please contact support with the exact reproduction steps that you performed.
You can check your exact version by going to https://yourinstancename/api/version.
Example of a version lower than 3002.1.0, affected by this issue:
Example of a version newer than 3002.1.0, which should be not affected by the issue:
The comment should be posted, the user will receive a notification and should be able to comment on the sharing normally.