Embedly function for a private Vimeo video does not work in any content. This article provides information about the functionality of the
- Jive Interactive HOP
- Jive Interactive Legacy Cloud
- Jive Interactive AWS.
- Create a piece of content.
- Add a title and some text.
- Click the video icon to embed the video.
- Click the option to embed.
- Paste in the link.
- Click the button to embed.
- Choose a location to post the blog.
- Click Publish.
Embedlyuses oEmbed as the API between Embedly and Vimeo.
- The API does not allow non-public resources. When a video is Private on Vimeo it adds extra information in the form of a key and oEmbed specifically advises against this.
- When accessing a non-public resource, the API responds with an error:
- As per oEmbed, the specified URL contains a private (non-public) resource. The consumer should provide a link directly to the resource instead of embedding any extra information, and rely on the provider to provide access control.
Reference ticket for the case where Unlisted Vimeo Videos don't work.