This article provides information about the possible causes of the error message "[LDAP: error code 4 - Sizelimit Exceeded]" when it appears in the application logs as a result of an unsuccessful LDAP user synchronization task.
An example of this error message:
2019-03-22 14:57:15,231 [TaskEngineWorker-pool-1] [::] ERROR com.jivesoftware.community.user.sync.DirectoryAccountSynchronizer - [LDAP: error code 4 - Sizelimit Exceeded];
- Access to the Jive application logs (Available to Jive On-Premise customers)
- The log entry time and username matching the user synchronization attempt information
This error is caused by the LDAP server refusing to return the result of a query when the number of results is too large.
To resolve this issue, investigate the following possible causes with your IT department or LDAP provider:
- Limitations on the LDAP account used by Jive
- The user account used by Jive may have a specific limit on how many results it can retrieve in a single query.
- To retrieve the account being used by Jive to run LDAP queries:
- Browse to Admin Console > People > Settings > Directory Server Settings.
- Check the Administrator DN.
- LDAP Policy/Setting Values
- Limitations may be in place at the LDAP policy or server level.
- If you are using Microsoft Active Directory, the MaxPageSize value may need to be increased. This article has more information on how to view and modify this value: View and set LDAP policy in Active Directory by using Ntdsutil.exe