A customer's production instance is configured to send a newsletter once a week and all of their users are enrolled to get these notifications. One user asks why their content is not available in the newsletter although it has the most views.
Jive Interactive Intranet-Jive Core
Some considerations about the Newsletter that a customer can activate to be sent to their users is the News Digest:
- The Digest is generated by the Recommender Service. It is a component of Jive that relates to the content being generated in Jive.
- Other functions of the Recommender Service are to feed the "Top & Trending: news stream" and the "Recommended" content.
- The content selected by the Recommender Service to appear on the Digest will not be the same for all users. This depends on which feeds the user is following and which content the user has access to.
- The Digest contains several elements:
- User status. If the user has entered a status message, it will be there.
- A list of activity around their content. If the user has created or commented on the content, for example, it will be listed there. This list will also include notes about the content belonging to the user that was viewed or commented on by others. This is the "Updates on your contributions" section at the bottom of the newsletter.
- A list of activity by people connected to you.
- A list of popular content in the community (the "Trending now" section).
- More information about the Digest can be found in the Official Jive Documentation (see "News Digest").
- Finally, according to "Can Email Digests be customized?" document that is available in AureaWorks, you can further customize the News Digest (change the layout and add branding), but cannot change what is shown there. The content is gathered dynamically based on recent and user-specific related content according to each user's unique activity. Thus, reiterating the fact that the newsletter is not the same for all users.