Internet Explorer (IE) is stuck at Forwarding to login... when Compatibility Mode for IE is changed from 11 to 7.
If the user is able to connect to their application, the browser displays the home page incorrectly.
The following may be seen in the trace (IE > Tools > F12 Developer Tools > Console):
Script1010: Expected Identifier
Details of the trace (IE > Tools > F12 Developer Tools > Debugger):
Could not locate webpack:///mitui-chrome-6.13.14-ad22834e-client-39d3761ef53730a3ccca.js specified in source map <URL>.js.map.
This article provides information on how to address this issue.
- Jive Interactive Intranet - Jive Core
- AWS Version - Any
This issue has not been investigated since IE7 has reached End of Life (EoL) and is no longer supported.
As a workaround, disable the Compatibility Mode and verify that all is working as expected.
To disable the Compatibility Mode:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Gear icon (in the top right corner of IE).
- Select Compatibility View Settings.
- Clear Websites you've added to Compatibility View and uncheck (if checked) Display all websites in Compatibility View.
- Click Close. You must close the browser for the changes to take effect.
Jira ticket (Defect ID: JVCLD-27384)