When sorting the People list, particularly by the last name, the pagination displays an inconsistent number of pages when accessing the next page.
Let us take the following example for more understanding:
Applying a different Sort clause affects the number of entries in the displayed data set.
Initially, the pagination controls show only 2 pages, and sorting by the first name only displays 2 pages of 20 entries each.
After selecting Sort by last name, the pagination controls show only 2 pages again, but this time clicking next beyond the initial 2 pages and displaying up to 4 more pages.
This article provides the available workaround and the associated JIRA ticket for further reference.
Jive HOP version 9.0.5
- Go to a Social Group.
- Select the People tab.
- Use the Sort by last Name field and check the initial pagination digits.
Initially, there are two pages available on the right side.
- Click the next button on pagination and it becomes three pages.
- Notice that it increases the number of pages upon clicking the next button.
The pages displayed increases upon clicking the next button.
The exact number of pages available should be displayed.
- This particular issue is not reproducible in Jive HOP version 9.0.6 or later. Affected users are recommended to upgrade to this version.
- JIRA Customer Defect ticket: JVHOPST-5991
After upgrading to the Jive HOP version 9.0.6 version, the pagination displays the exact number of pages available when sorting by the Last Name.