A customer may report that documents uploaded to an Office 365/SharePoint site integrated to Jive place are not syncing. At the same time, no files could be uploaded and downloaded to/from Jive place integrated with Office 365.
Instead, the following error message appears: "There was a problem connecting to the external storage provider due to expired credentials. Please contact your community administrator."
- Jive - AWS
- Jive Hosted
- Any Jive Cloud Version
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to any place integrated with Sharepoint/0365.
- Click on Actions > Files.
- Upload a document and hit on Publish.
- The error message from above is triggered.
The credentials have a limited lifespan and are necessary to refresh it every few months. It is recommended to perform this task every six months (can be shorter if Microsoft decides to use shorter validity of refresh token).
To refresh the credentials:
- The affected user needs to login to Sharepoint as ADMIN.
- And click on the Jive Authorization app.
Upon refreshing the validity of the credentials, the document should be published without any errors on the next attempt.