When making a request to the Jive API, the following response message is received:
"code": 4026, "message": "The request could not be validated as originating from within the SBS application"
This message is most likely triggered by a security mechanism in Jive designed to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks on the community.
This article provides information about how to investigate the cause of this message.
The CSRF prevention security mechanism can be temporarily disabled to confirm if it causing this message to appear.
Cloud customers will have to contact us to complete this process.
To temporarily disable the mechanism:
Go to the Admin Console > System > System Properties.
- Search for this property in the properties list: jive.rest.internal.csrf.token.enabled
- If it can be found: Change its value to false, then move on to Step 5.
- If not, move on to the next step.
- At the top of the page, in the Property Name textbox, type in: jive.rest.internal.csrf.token.enabled
- In the Property Value textbox, type in: false
- Click on Add Property.
- Reproduce the process that causes the message to appear.
- Change the property jive.rest.internal.csrf.token.enabled to true.
- If the message continued to appear during Step 5, contact us with the details of the API query being sent.
To investigate the cause of this message, follow these steps:
- Review the Jive Developer Resources to determine if there is an issue with the authentication process used when sending the API query.
- Consult with the Jive Developer Community.
- Consult with Jive Professional Services. To get more information about these services, contact your Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, or Account Executive.