You are encountering one of the following issues when trying to use Jive for Office/Outlook:
- When you log in to Jive for Office/Outlook, an error message appears with the text: "Could not verify your credentials. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized".
- When trying to open documents, you encounter an error that says Not Connected.
This issue may be caused by invalid or expired credentials being used to connect to your community through Jive for Office/Outlook. To check if this is the case, please attempt to log in to your community through a browser, using the same credentials you are using to connect to Jive for Office/Outlook:
- If you are unable to log in to your community in a browser using the same credentials, then your credentials are invalid and need to be changed in order to resolve this issue.
- Otherwise, please follow the steps in the solution section below.
Support agents: If a customer is experiencing this issue suddenly, search JIRA to identify if there are any JVCLD tickets indicating that the customer was recently migrated to TLS 1.2.
If you find that type of ticket, and you believe this issue was caused by their migration to TLS 1.2, file a new JIRA ticket to the JVCLD project, indicating that the customer should be rolled back to TLS 1.0 and 1.1.</supportagent>
Re-Adding Your Jive for Office/Outlook Account
- Click on the JIVE tab in the Microsoft Office application you are using, then click on accounts:
- In the Manage Accounts popup that appears, click on the Gear Icon, then click on Remove:
- Click on the Add Account button:
- Type in your community address, then click on the Check button.
- Attempt to log in to your community.
- If the issue persists:
- If you are an admin of your Jive community, please follow the steps in the section below.
- If not, please ask your Jive community admins to follow those steps.
Revoking the Jive for Office/Outlook Token
- Log in to the Admin Console.
- Click on People.
- Search for the user account of the user affected using their name or email address.
- Make a note of their username.
- Navigate to System > Settings > Extended APIs and then move to the Desktop Applications tab.
- Under the Security section, type in the username you identified in Step 4.
- Click on the Revoke button. Please be careful not to use the Revoke All button if only a few users are experiencing this issue as that will force all users in your Jive community to reauthenticate when using Jive for Office add-in.
- If the issue persists, please ask the affected users(s) to re-install Jive for Office/Outlook.
Re-Installing Jive for Office/Outlook
- Uninstall Jive for Outlook and Jive for Office.
- Download and install the latest versions of Jive for Outlook and Jive for Office, then connect again to your community.
- If the issue persists: