When trying to delete a group or space from Jive, the message "An unexpected error has occurred" appears. This can be caused by a variety of factors, and an in-depth investigation will be required to identify the cause of this message.
Please review the section that matches your community type.
Cloud or Hosted Customers
- The email address of the user who attempted to delete the social group or space.
- The time when the user tried to delete the group or space.
- The space/group name.
- The space/group address.
- If you approve of the Jive Support Team deleting this group or space on your behalf, please provide your approval.
- The username and UserID of the user who attempted to delete the space or group.
- This can be found by going to the Admin Console > People, then running a search with the user's email address.
- The time when the user tried to delete the space or group and the user's timezone.
- The containerType and containerID of the space or group.
- The sbs.log files (located in /usr/local/jive/var/logs) from the Jive web application servers in your environment. If you need assistance with attaching these logs to a support ticket, please consult with your IT team.
To identify the cause of this issue, investigate the application logs for the customer's instance to identify which error messages are directly related to this deletion attempt by cross-referencing the deletion attempt information with the error messages in the logs.
Follow the steps in these articles if you identify error messages that are similar to the following:
- The storage provider was unable to delete the image data
- Could not load image at
- Error while trying to delete a static with filename