Jive fails to authenticate with a Proxy Server with NTLM Authentication (as well as Basic Authentication) enabled. The following error messages are generated:
"407 Proxy Authentication Required."
"Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@ExampleURL.com:8080."
- Set up a Proxy Server for Outbound connectivity.
- Enable the Proxy Server to allow Basic, NTLM and Kerberos authentication.
- Log in to Jive Community and navigate to the Admin Console > System > Settings > Proxy Server.
- Provide the Proxy Server Address, Port, Username, and Password as described in Connecting through proxy server.
- Save the settings and wait 30 seconds.
- In the 'Test Connectivity' section, add
https://www.cnn.com(or any other public URL) and click the Test Connectivity button:
- Expected Result: Connection Success message is displayed.
- Actual Result: Jive fails to connect to the Proxy Server producing the errors mentioned above.
Jive attempts to authenticate with NTLM first and does not authenticate against Basic Authentication.
Upgrade to the latest version of Jive. If upgrading is not an option at this time, ask support for the hotfix contained in JVHOP-7144 (only for 22.214.171.124).
Note: Disabling all authentication methods, except for Basic Authentication, also resolves the issue.