The problem is encountered when deleting (purging) content from old migrated spaces with a large number of documents. The end-user receives the following message:
An error occurred during the community deletion. Please check the logs for more information.
Jive On-Prem version SBS 126.96.36.199.
Visible Issue or Error
The following error message is found in the logs:
2017-07-26 11:31:28,791 [TaskEngineWorker-pool-1] [::]
ERROR com.jivesoftware.community.CommunityDeleteHelper -
An error occurred while deleting community 2112
java.lang.Exception: There was a problem deleting communities as user 2004.
- Select a Space with more than 1000 documents.
- Navigate to Admin console (Spaces > Management > Summary), select this Space, and click Delete.
- On the following screen, verify that there are more than 1000 documents in this space, and click Delete.
- Jive begins the purge process and displays an error.
- The Space should be deleted without any issues.
- Error on deletion
The root of the issue appears to be in the following module:
com.jivesoftware.community.impl.dao.DbDocumentDAO: 126 private static final String LOAD_DOCS_FULL_PUBLISHED = 127 SELECT_DOCS_FULL + 128 "WHERE d.internalDocID IN (:documentIDs) " + 129 "AND v.state = '" + PUBLISHED.getState() + "' " + 130 "AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM jiveDocVersion lv WHERE lv.internalDocID = d.internalDocID AND lv.versionID > v.versionID)";>/pre>
Fixed in the Jive Hosted and ON-Prem version 188.8.131.52 | 1826.
No known workaround. The user must upgrade Jive to a recent version.