This article explains the function of the Email Digest and also provides steps to Enable/Disable or change the Frequency of the Email Digest.
Customers may have queries like the below:
- Unable to understand why they keep getting two different Newsletter emails every week
- Help understand the difference between the purpose of the two different email notifications
- Why do the emails seem to come on random dates?
Every Week, two emails are sent as part of a Weekly Digest. The content of these emails depends upon several factors and can be quite similar. The Digest Frequency can be changed, altering the day on which these emails are sent via a system property or these digests can be Enabled or Disabled altogether as required.
The Email Digest typically includes:
- Your status. If you have entered a status message, it is in the email.
- A list of activity around your content, if you have created or commented on content, for example, it is listed here. This list also includes notes about the content of yours that was viewed or commented on by others.
- A list of activity originated by people connected to you.
- A list of popular content in the community.
To Enable/Disable the Email Digest or Change Frequency:
- Navigate to
- Ensure that the radio button Yes is selected for the Receive email or mobile notifications when there is activity in the community? option.
Note: Ensure that the above option is checked in all cases; otherwise the notification for other events than the Email Digest will also be disabled.
- Check/Un-check the Email option next to the Email Digest to enable/disable the same.
- Click the drop-down list next to the Email checkbox to select one of the following options to change the frequency of the Email Digest :
- Once-a-week summary
- Twice-a-week summary
- Daily summary
- You can find further details about the News Digest in the product documentation.