Analytics database is used to store the Community Manager Reports and Impact Metrics data for content in your Jive instance. This article describes the process of how to enable and configure the Analytics database for on-premise Jive instances. This process does not apply to the Jive Cloud instances.
- Administrative access to your on-premise Jive instance.
- Login to your Jive instance as an administrator.
- Click on your user avatar on the top right corner of the screen and select the Admin Console option.
- Navigate to System > Settings > Analytics page in the Admin Console.
- Under the Database Settings section, select Database Driver Presets to auto-populate the JDBC Drive Class and the Database URL settings.
- Change the [host-name] and the [database-name] to the actual values from your desired database server in the Database URL field.
- Enter the database credentials in the Username and the Password fields.
- Adjust the Min Connections, Maximum Connections, and the Connection Timeout settings as needed for your Jive community.
- Click on the Test Connection button at the bottom of the page to test the new Analytics database settings.
- You will see the following confirmation message if the database settings are working: Success! The database server configuration parameters appear to be valid.
Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page to save the database configuration settings.
Ensure that the Enabled radio button is selected and then click on the Save button on the top to enable the Analytics Database.
Once you complete step 10 in the solution above, you will again see a message: Settings saved successfully.